When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

There is always a first time...

Just like the old saying, "There is always a first time for everything."  I often tell people that I was born with paper and scissors in my hand but somehow I lost the pencil.  For some reason, sketching/drawing scares me.  This has always been a big challenge for me.

Somehow, something had positively changed and it made me wonder. Whatever it is, I'm liking it.  My husband said that maybe my creative learning had gone past being crafty.  He said that maybe I have now reached the point where I am discovering the artist side of  me.  I'm pretty sure that mixed media art and a bunch of talented artists that I have followed, read and watched had made a huge difference.  Thanks to them, now I am ready to start a new journey...  The journey of sketching...  It will probably hard but patience and hard work always pay off.

Sharing with you my first 2 attemps:
Follow Me on Pinterest
 1.) My take on Queen Marie Antoinette of France. 
Up to this time, this drawing remains the same, not colored or anything.  
Plain and raw...
2.) A much modern woman... 
She is funky, stylish and carefree...
 I painted the sketch with Caran d'Ache Neocolors II Artist crayons and acrylic paints.
I don't know what happened but this particular watercolor paper had a mind of its own and decided to warp.  This is my very first sketch and no way will I throw it.  
This artwork means so much to me.  
And so I continue...
 Presenting, my first ever drawing in a sparkling and dazzling mixed media background...
Added embellishment here and there and voila!

Some might say that it has head, hair, eyes and lips that are way too big.
She has weird tiny nose, a long neck and small body...
The list can go on but heck, I'm proud to say this is my artwork...

Proud... Proud...Proud...
I finally overcame a fear, a challenge and this reinforces the fact that everything can be done if you put your mind and heart in it.

Want to see more projects!? I maybe lazy doing my blog but it doesn't mean I've been lazy doing crafting or artwork.

No comments: