When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Many thanks, IOU!

I've been careful putting up this card as an entry to 7 Kids College Fund Challenge # 8 - Give Thanks. Tab is a wonderful seller and been one of the most reliable retailers online.  I been buying my supplies from her stores for almost 3 years now.  And since Thanksgiving is just around the corner, Tab will be giving away $75 gift certificate.  Awesome!  Rule is simple, just create a card, which must have any of the stamp image that she's carrying in her store.  Easy and cool, right!?  Hurry up and post your card before the 23rd of November

This card is also my take on  Cute Card Thursday Sketch Challenge 139.  Just simply make a card using the provided sketch below and post it before the 24th of November.  Just like with 7Kids College Fund Challenge Blog, this is also my first time to play along with Cute Card Thursday Challenge Blog.

Here is a pic of our Christmas tree that I recently completed over the weekend.  I used this color motif as an inspiration for my card.  Quite unusual for me but,  I want something festive, bold and bright during the holidays and I want to reflect that in this card. 
Trying to figure out the layout of the card using the sketch provided by Cute Card Thursday and what mat I will be using to pop the image. I've used and colored Popcorn the Bear - All Wrapped Up.  The image is colored using Copic makers.
In the end, I opted not to use the die-cut mat.  The image is big already and I do not wish to fully conceal the sketch used.
Getting there...
I used one of the DP of The Black Currant - DCWV paper stack as my card based.  
There goes the final outcome after trying so many different things.  This card is a bit bigger than usual and there are all sorts of elements on this card and I love everything about it.
Sentiments are from Inkadinkado and American Craft.
I used a homemade snow fluff as a substitute to Flower soft.
PAPER: K & Company, DCWV and GP 110 white
STAMPS: Popcorn the Bear, Inkadinkado and American Crafts
INKPADS: Memento Tuxedo Black and TH Distressed Inkpads (Fire Brick, Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo and Old Paper)
COLORING: Copic Markers
TOOLS: Cuttelebug machine, Spellbinder die (Fleur de Liz), MS edge punch, decorative scissors, ATG, PC paper trimmer and Cricut precision scissor
EMBELLISHED: Prima flowers, laces and trims, wired sheer ribbon, Dressed-Up buttons and Hero Arts bling

Hope you like my card!  Goodluck to everyone.....

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow. Just fabulous! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie