When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, "I used everything you gave me, Lord." I am a believer that God created each one of us with a unique talent, therefore, use it well to serve Him.

Friday, January 22, 2010

My House... God willing...

After the long roadtrip, it was very unfortunate that we ended up in a crappy rip-off place.  But because of that situation, we ended up driving around the local area in search of a fully-furnished apartment. We've gone to a bunch of corporate apartments and so far we agreed to stay in a pricey one. I was a little bit reluctant for financial reasons (even if we can afford it) but Ed said, it will be good for us and we'll get a feeling of being in a house again.  I guess, staying in a hotel for almost 5months had really gotten into us.
To make the story short, we found this apartment and same day we found my dream home.  It was almost a replica of the house that I want to buy in Alabang, that didn't work out.  When I saw the house, I told Ed if its alright to inquire and check the model house as well.  We were shown three big houses but I decided I like the biggest one in the subdivision.  When I saw the house, I know that it was mine.  That same day we set everything in motion.  We even came home knowing we we're pre-approved by the bank and we left a security deposit so they would hold the house for us.  The next day, we went to sign the paperworks and before the week was over, every paperwork needed had been submitted.  Now, we were just waiting for the closing day and hopefully with God's graces, everything will turn out well.
A third party inspection was done already and we've checked already every single furniture and appliances store in the area.  We even drove 60miles just to check the nearest Ikea for more storage and such. 
So without further ado, here are couple pictures of the house:

The Exterior, this plan was called Valencia

The back of the house...

 A dream kitchen, a little smaller than what we would want for our home but we have to make it work for us.  All appliances were updated, energy saver and low-maintenance (stainless steel).

Granite countertops, ahhh, a kitchen haven.  I'll be more inspired to cook...

Both the master bedroom and the master bath are simply awesome.  It was massive and the toilet is isolated in a small room or cubicle.  See those Venetian fixtures, they're gorgeous!

 
I was speechless when I saw the walk-in closet in the master bedroom. It's a dream!
 
 Another full bathroom on the second floor.

A huge backyard, huh!?  Originally, we plannned on building a swimming pool before summer but we were doing too many things at the same time.  So we agreed to set this plan aside, save money for it and do more researching on reliable builders/contractors.  Our choice for a pool will be fiberglass which is realatively inexpensive, durable and low maintenance rather than gunite and vinyl lined pool.  For the meantime, kids you will have to get by with an off-ground kiddie pool this summer.

Another bonus factor of the house was this huge covered patio.
A nice lounging set, barbecue grill, a swing and a patio set will be oh so great here.  Since we won't have the pool build once we move then the plan is to call somebody to get the landscaping done in the backyard.  My children will have fun chasing each other here. Another plan is to have this patio covered but it will all depends on whether the place will get lots of bugs during summer. No way you can let me stay in this area and get bitten pretty bad just like in Florida.
So what you think of the house?  Isn't it a dream home?  I think so too...

No comments: